[Resolved] Bottom padding on container seems wrong

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Bottom padding on container seems wrong

Home Forums Support Bottom padding on container seems wrong

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John

Based on a suggestion from support, I added a hook/block element to the top of my front page, which is showing the default dynamic posts list. That worked, in that I was able to add a block I needed but I can’t get the spacing right on the block.

If I set the bottom padding of the container to 0, the blank space at the bottom of the container is too small. But if I set the bottom padding to 1, the space is too large. The “1” can’t be referring to pixels in this case because it’s way more than one pixel, so I’m not sure what’s going on or what I’m doing wrong. See link to screenshots in Private Information section for reference.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi John,

Could you link us the site in question so we can have a look into the code?

Thanks!

John

Sure, link below. Also, I looked at container in Chrome Developer Tools, and it seems like the issue might be that the paragraph within the container has a bottom margin of 57. But I don’t know where or how I can adjust the padding/margin of the paragraph block. When I click that block, I don’t see all of the Block options in the right-hand pane that I see when I look at the container block.

Actually, looking at it some more, that might not have anything to do with it. πŸ™‚

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi John,

The margin is from this code:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/IqFuNPMCpZmY

You set 1 em as margin bottom, you could use numbers smaller than 1 (eg. 0.1) when apply to em.

In the meanwhile, I would recommend to use Headline block of Generateblocks instead of WP default paragraph block.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/8wK7d0YhRyop

Let me know πŸ™‚

John

Thanks again, Ying. The Headline block works better. πŸ™‚

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome!
    Glad to help πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.