[Resolved] Bottom menu on mobile bug

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Bottom menu on mobile bug

Home Forums Support Bottom menu on mobile bug

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Stew

I implemented the code from another support post to enable a bottom sticky menu on mobile. (From this github)

I fine tuned styling how I wanted it, and things were looking good. However when I scroll the menu ends up taking up the whole screen and the header goes back to the top. When I scroll back to the top of the page it corrects itself. I’ve added a link to my staging site where I’ve tested disabling every plugin. I’ve left only elementor, GP premium, and woocommerce running. Note, this only happens on mobile.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Stew,

Can you take a screen shot of the issue from your end? I can’t seem to replicate the issue from my end.

Uploading Screenshots: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#uploading-screenshots

Stew

Link to IMGUR video in the private section.

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. I’m not experiencing that issue on my end on your site. I also tested on my personal phone to be sure, and it looks as expected there as well when scrolling.

Can you try clearing the cache of your browser? If that doesn’t work, try using a different browser to test.

Stew

I cleared the cache on my phone, and used my wife’s phone as well. Her phone had never been to my staging site before, and it also experienced the issue. This is on the Safari browser on iPhone.

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. What specific iPhone and iPhone version are you using?

Stew

13 pro iOS version 16.0.2

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. That’s odd, I tried on an iPhone 14 v16.0 and iPhone 13 Pro v15.6, and didn’t experience the issue from these two.

Will you be able to test using a different network(Internet service Provider) to assure it’s not a modem or network caching issue?

Stew

Force closed safari, cleared the cache, turned wifi off so I would be on cell, opened in private browser and it still did it. It also does it in standard mode.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in the CSS – change this:

#mobile-header {
        position: fixed;
        bottom: 0;
    }

to:

#mobile-header {
        position: fixed;
        bottom: 0;
        top: unset !important;
    }
    Stew

That updated CSS has fixed the issue. Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.