[Resolved] Blurry pictures and icons on mobile devices

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blurry pictures and icons on mobile devices

Home Forums Support Blurry pictures and icons on mobile devices

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    silver

Hi guys,

I’ve been searching everywhere for some type of solution, but have not got anywhere. The images on my website look crisp and clear on my desktop but when viewed on the mobile (where they are smaller) they get blurry. Is their anything I can do to fix this.

If you need the password to get past the pass protect let me know and I’ll send it over again.

Cheers,

Silv.

GeneratePress 2.1.2
    GP Premium 1.6.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Yup we will need to see it to tell what the problem is.

Please use Account Issue here and reference the topic link:
    https://generatepress.com/contact/

Thanks!

silver

No problem Leo, I’ve sent it over πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Silver,

i am comparing the images on responsive browser and to my iPhone and i am not seeing any real difference. Any particular image i should be checking?

silver

Hey David,

I’m also testing on iphone (and a few others) and see a massive difference in blurriness, all the images in the content area are the ones affected, the header/logo and all the images in the gallery page are unaffected.

Just trying to figure out why it could be happening and how to fix it.

The most affected seems to be the one on the contact us page, if you look between the two, it’s significantly more blurry.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not seeing any real differences either unfortunately.

The original image is only 161*195 so it isn’t being re-sized in responsive mode.

There isn’t anything from GP or WordPress that would change the quality of static images.

Maybe your desktop screen is better than the cellphone screen?

silver

Ok thank you guys, it must just be some strange anomaly because some photos look crystal clear (such as the gallery ones)but some have a slight blur.

It’s not a MAJOR deal, it is something I can live with since it’s hardly noticeable.

Thanks for your time guys πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    MJ

It’s probably something to do with your screen resolution or something as I am having the exact same problem. It seems that the larger images are unaffected because (I think) they are not displayed in their actual size. Example, my container is only 1200 px wide but my full width image is 2400 px wide. They look sharp and clear. However, when I upload images that are actual size (such as my header logo 350×75 px), they look good on my tablet and desktop but really blurry on my iPhone. When I try to upload a bigger image in the hopes of making it look sharper, the header image size changes with the size so I end up with a giant header image. I’ve tried uploading an svg image but I didn’t convert the text to outlines/path so it’s still blurry with an svg inage. I’ll retry later with all the text converted and see if that works. But I can’t see this working with images. It’s fine with logos to use svg but not with actual images.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.