[Resolved] Blogs excerpt post images

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blogs excerpt post images

Home Forums Support Blogs excerpt post images

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Peter

I have designed my website and specified that all posts should have a post image, which is a small logo. I have added these to each post and specified that they should appear on the left. When you view the post its self they appear top left which is great.
    When I view the list of posts as a 2 column excerpt masonry list, the logo appears in the middle of the block. I have messed about with settings but cant seem to figure that one out it stubbornly sits in the middle. its not really a major problem but I think it would look neater with the post image at the left.

if anyone can point me in the right direction?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Peter

Yes no problem

http://www.eaba.co.uk

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s strange. Looks like the mobile layout is kicking in in desktop mode.

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium for me to take a closer look?

Peter

I’ve disabled plugins.
    I’ve created you a log in as below. Might be easier for you.

User: genp

walterlindrum99

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Can you try adding this CSS?

footer.entry-meta {
        clear: both;
    }
    article.post > div.inside-article > .post-image {
        float: left !important;
        margin-right: 2em !important;
    }

Here’s how to add CSS. – https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Peter,

I think this might be a bug.

I’ll do a little more testing and report back πŸ™‚

Peter

Hi Elvin

Yes I added the suggested code

That seems to have done the trick, Ive added it in code snippets and it works very well. Not sure what caused it but maybe a little bug. I will reenable all the plugins and just make sure all is well.

Thank you all for the prompt response to my very minor issue.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the float left is removed as generally there is not enough space for the image and excerpt when the column option is activated.

In your case it definitely works as the images are very small.

We will look at improving this behavior πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Peter

Thank you so much. Im very impressed with generatepress so far. I have very little technical knowledge about computers in general. But somehow I have managed to put together a reasonable replacement site.

This site works with mobiles and tablets. I have managed to add css (even though I don’t understand how it works). I have even managed to add 3 different elements to my site using generate blocks.

I’m no graphic designer or Web page designer. I simply want function. Im sure you have hundreds of designers who would laugh at my efforts, but there is a market out there for people who can’t afford a big design team or site costing thousand of dollars.

If could add a few things to generate press it would be the ability to make blocks with rounded edges. The same with buttons.

I would like lots of example elements that I could use and edit to suit my needs.a really fantastic sidebar element would be great. Why reinvent the wheel.

I would like better control over tables so I could display our team results in a better way. I know there are plugins out there to do this.but it would be nice out of the box.

But keep up the good work. I think you theme is now almost a complete theme design program. I used artisteer on my last theme which was fine but now so out of date.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for the kind words!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.