[Support request] Blogg Demo

Home Forums Support [Support request] Blogg Demo

Home Forums Support Blogg Demo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Mowahwah!

Hi,
    I have imported the demo Blogg – but I can’t figure out how to tweak it to a specific demo (- I’m trying to get the Demo #1).
    Can you tell me how to get it?

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Blogg site requires the premium version of the WP Show Posts plugin to display the different versions.

Mowahwah!

ok. I bought it and added it, and now it seems I only have a choice to import the demo – FULL CONTENT with no ability to tweak the demo content – or nothing.

Please help, thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Before you do this, can you first let me know if you are wanting just 1 posts page in your site or multiple posts pages?

You might not need WPSP at all if it’s the first case.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Mowahwah!

Well, first of all I need to set up the homepage. But after that, I think I will probably need more pages

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let’s take a step back first.

Is this the home page layout you are after?
    https://gpsites.co/blogg/blogg-1/

If so, you can actually set your front page to display the latest posts:
    https://wordpress.org/support/article/settings-reading-screen/

Then set it to 3 columns in the customizer:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-columns-in-the-blog/

Then activate the make first post featured option.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Mowahwah!

I followed your instructions, but as you can see on my site, it’s not the same as the demo layout. No boxes, no spacing, etc. I’d really like to have the demo layout; that’s why I bought the additional plugin (and this theme)

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Blogg is a confusing one since it requires the pro version of WP Show Posts Pro to get those exact demos.

If you want to shoot me an email I’d be happy to provide you with a copy of WPSP Pro: https://wpshowposts.com/contact

Mowahwah!

I was trying to say that I purchased the pro version after David said, “the Blogg site requires the premium version of the WP Show Posts plugin to display the different versions.” (- the first response in this thread).

I purchased the Premium version, installed it, then I was told that I could get the layout the same if I selected the 3-column with the first image as featured (- see Leo, above). I did so, and as you can see with my site (which I linked above), it does not actually do the trick, it does not look the same.

I even important the demo content in the hope that I could switch it out, but I can’t – it’s all linked to something on your site or something.

Please help. Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, sorry for the confusion!

So right now your home page is showing the standard GP blog.

If you go to the “WP Show Posts” area in your Dashboard, you should see all of the lists that were imported when you added Blogg.

Click on the one you want to use, and you’ll see a “Shortcode” area on the right side of the page. Copy that shortcode, and then create a new page in the “Pages” area of your Dashboard and add the shortcode to your content.

Now that you created this page, you can set it as the front page in “Settings > Reading”.

Now that list should be your home page.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Mowahwah!

Hi Tom,

Thanks. While that made sense, there were no lists at all under “Wp Show Lists”. It was totally empty.

How do I go about adding that content to the lists?

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange – the lists should have been imported when you imported Blogg. Are you able to undo the import and re-do it in the Library, or have you already made quite a few modifications?

If you aren’t able to undo-redo, I can provide the lists in an import file.

Mowahwah!

Nah, I can re-do it. It was easy to tweak. So, should I re-import it? and how exactly should I set the settings when I re-import them?
    Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s likely better to just install the missing lists.

1. Download this file: https://gpsites.co/files/blogg/post-lists.xml
    2. Go to “Tools > Import” in your Dashboard, and import it.

Then the lists should appear in the “WP Show Posts” area of your Dashboard.

Once they’re there, you can open them up and grab the shortcodes to use in your content.

Let me know if that helps or not πŸ™‚

Mowahwah!

darn it. I have a mac and it doesn’t allow me to save that file as anything except web source. Do you know how I can zip it or compress it in some way to add it import it to my site?
    thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.