[Resolved] Blog Single Post Customize Suggestion

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog Single Post Customize Suggestion

Home Forums Support Blog Single Post Customize Suggestion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Philip

Hello
    I would like to ask you to add an option when customize, to choose between 2 options to display Author,Tags, Category, creation date and other data, to display it above content, because i find it useful to have it work in place of breadcrumbs.
    Between does GP have breadcrumbs? I not use anymore Yoast SEO and it went away with it.
    Thank You.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We will be working to update how the entry meta works/positions in the future update 🙂

There is no plan to add the breadcrumb options though – things like that should be handled by a plugin.

Philip

Also one more thing i observed, not sure if Devs are aware, i have seen this from long time ago, if the post Format is set to Standard the excerpt and words count is hidden as per my Customization in Blog > Archives but when i select Video Format for a post the excerpt and word counts is fully shown and my Customization is not applied in this case, i did not tested other Post Formats, maybe this is normal behavior.

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thats is correct – WordPress only applies the automatic excerpt to the Standard Post Format.

This article explains how you can apply excerpts to the video format:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/excerpt-issues/#full-post-content-displaying-while-using-excerpt

Philip

Hello David, now it is clear, i added that code and will test further.
    Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.