[Resolved] Blog Sidebar Layout – Mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog Sidebar Layout – Mobile

Home Forums Support Blog Sidebar Layout – Mobile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi guys, I turned off Content (no sidebars) for the Blog page to address an issue I was aiming to solve in Website Auditor. This worked to solve that issue, but it looks like a small amount of padding or margin has been added to the left and/or right of the blog page now when viewed on mobile, and I am not sure which property to target to bring it back into line with the blog post pages, which I set up previously and look 100%.

It has also added the same padding/margin to the search results page.

Which element (or elements) does the turning off Content (no sidebars) effect? Thanks for your help.

Michael.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Content / No Sidebar option – simply removes the sidebar from the blog and archives. It doesn’t have any other impact on the customizer settings such as padding.

So what i can see is first this CSS:

#content.site-content {
        padding: 0;
    }

Which is removing any content padding the Customizer would apply – this is across the site.

And then this CSS:

.entry-content {
        padding: 0 10px;
    }

Which is adding 10px left/right padding back to entry-content …. which only applies to the single posts as the class doesn’t exist on blog / archives.

In addition there are several other CSS styles being applied to affect padding – can’t see where they all come from due to the cache.

So first things would be to clear and disable any caches / critical CSS – to see if they are mixing up the order. And then its a case of working through your CSS to see what is affecting what…

Michael

Thanks David. I’ve sorted it now (I think!). I appreciate you taking a look at it for me.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.