- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 6 months ago by Tom.
August 23, 2015 at 3:43 pm #131579Isabel
I imported my blog into my new Exhibit Child Theme and I find the follow three things:
1. “Likes” from other bloggers are not showing up – and there seems to be no function for it in this Theme. Is it possible for those to show up in this theme?
2. How can I make the sidebar for my blog page a different width than the sidebar for my other pages?
3. I have checked both boxes in Settings -> Reading -> Related Posts but there are no related posts showing up below my blog posts. Is this a WordPress problem or a Theme problem? (or maybe it’s just a me problem.)
Also, not to be a drag, but just as an overall look, the numbers that indicate next pages at the end of the specified number of posts on blog page are kind of anemic. I know I can change it in the css, just wish I didn’t need to.
Everything else with the theme is going quite well! Thank you!August 23, 2015 at 11:50 pm #131598TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. How was your old theme handling this? Did you have a plugin for it, or was a theme function? Was it using some sort of social network?
2. Great question! Let me test a couple things, I should be able to give you a function.
3. Are you using a plugin for the related posts? WordPress doesn’t have a related posts function by default, and neither does GP, but you can search for “WordPress related posts plugin” and you should find some really good plugins that will work with GP.
The numbers are very simple – I didn’t want to go overboard on any design aspects of the theme. The great thing about GP is it’s very lightweight and simple, and it’s easy to tweak to suit your needs. Let me know if you need any help with the CSS for this.
Thanks! 🙂August 24, 2015 at 12:20 am #131617TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
For your question about adjusting the sidebar width only on your blog, this should do it: https://gist.github.com/generatepress/f19619456c7ccb072cb5
Since you’re using a child theme, you’ll want to use option #2 on the above page.August 24, 2015 at 6:32 am #131666Isabel
Great! Thank you so much.
As to #1 (Likes) and #3 (Related Posts), I feel dumb but all I had to do was activated the functions in Jetpack and now they are working perfectly!
And that is awesome about the blog sidebar width. Thank you!
Great support and I’m really happy with the theme and add-ons. I’ll leave a review.August 24, 2015 at 8:50 am #131693
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.