[Resolved] Blog – “read more” button displays only on the first blog post

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog – “read more” button displays only on the first blog post

Home Forums Support Blog – “read more” button displays only on the first blog post

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jana

Hi there,

I have three blog posts on my blog site, but only the first blog post displays the “read mor” button. The other two posts don’t display this button and neither the excerpt. They only allow to click on the post title which leads to the whole article.

In the customizer in layout>blog “display read more as button” is activated. “Content type: excerpt” is also activated. This all works but only on the first post.

Can you let me know what the issue is?

Thanks!

Jana

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you link to your site so i can see the issue.
    You can edit your original topic and add the link to the Site URL field.

Jana

Hi David,

done… but I haven’t published the site yet, so not sure you can see that?

Thanks,

Jana

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah – i would need to see a published site.
    Can you check that the Post Format in the post editor is set to Standard on those posts missing an excerpt.

Jana

Alright, in case I won’t find a solution I’ll let you know when the page is live so you can check.

Yes, all posts are standard. The automatic excerpt and read more button only shows on the first post. On the other two there is none. I can add a manual excerpt, so this would be a workaround, but it still doesn’t solve the issue of the read more button not displaying. Strange.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Were those posts imported from another site on a different theme?
    Either way you may want to try creating a new post and copying the content into it.

If not let us know when the site can be viewed.

Jana

Hi David,

reading your last post I got the idea of simply duplicating the post where it worked and editing it to see if it behaves the same. And yes, it worked!

Am still unsure what the issue was as the settings seemed to be 100% the same, but never mind – by duplicating and editing I solved the issue.

Thanks a lot!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sometimes the post meta options has a funny turn 🙂 Which theres no reasonable explanation for.
    Glad to hear its resolved.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.