[Resolved] Blog Posts Sidebar With GP Theme Appearance

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog Posts Sidebar With GP Theme Appearance

Home Forums Support Blog Posts Sidebar With GP Theme Appearance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Craig

I really like the simple look of the GP blog sidebar with the Search, Categories, etc in white boxes. Adding a sidebar to blog posts doesn’t inherit that look/layout and actually just smashing it all together in a column. Can someone please direct me on how I can add the necessary CSS to create the same white boxed look when I add a sidebar on blog posts so each widget in the sidebar on a blog post has its own white box with proper spacing/padding like on the GP theme blog page itself?

I’ve spent hours trying to do this and haven’t been able to figure it out.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Craig,

I believe the layout of the separate container is what you are after:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/content-layout/

Craig

Yes I actually tried working with that first, but it doesn’t change anything. I have it set at Separate Containers and Container Alignment to Boxes and nothing on the site particularly on the posts have changed.

I also tried creating a brand-new post and that didn’t give me the container boxes either even with Content Container set properly on the post itself.

I’m using Elementor Pro for what it’s worth.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can link us to the page in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

Craig

It would be my pleasure!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

your single post template has been built with Elementor – if you disable that template you will get the theme templates – and your single posts will have the same layout as your blog.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.