- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by Leo.
August 14, 2019 at 3:36 pm #984385Jason
I’m trying to resolve two issues:
1) My Blog posts are showing the featured image in the header. I have Elements enabled with a Header that’s supposed to cover the entire site, but for some reason the featured image for my blog posts started showing in the header on each post. The correct header was showing on all pages and posts initially, then out of nowhere, the blog post featured image moved to the header.
The only thing that I changed was installing your Simple CSS plugin. I tried deactivating that but the issue didn’t go away.
2) On my Blog Page, it’s set to show the blog post excerpt but instead shows the entire post. Again, I’ve tried deactivating plugins and other suggestions that were mentioned on the support forum…but no luck.
I’d appreciate any help you can provide.August 14, 2019 at 7:51 pm #984491LeoStaffCustomer Support
1) So when you check the setting for the page hero that’s assigned to the single posts page, the featured image option isn’t selected?
2) Looks like you are using image post type for all the posts? Any specific reasons for that?
If not then switch to standard post type should work.
Let me know if this helps 🙂August 15, 2019 at 7:59 am #984900Jason
Featured image option IS selected. Switched to standard post type, but featured image still shows in header. Also, if you could please address the second issue:
2) On my Blog Page, it’s set to show the blog post excerpt but instead shows the entire post. Again, I’ve tried deactivating plugins and other suggestions that were mentioned on the support forum…but no luck.August 15, 2019 at 9:21 am #984986LeoStaffCustomer Support
1) So I see two featured images in the single posts, first is in the header element:
The second one is the default featured image:
Which one are you trying to remove?
2) I did address this question above:
I see you switched to standard post format now but the custom excerpt metabox is used:
If you remove that then the standard excerpt should show.
Let me know 🙂August 15, 2019 at 4:26 pm #985248Jason
Sorry, I didn’t see any mention of the excerpt issue in your first reply. But, removing the custom excerpt box worked. Thank you!
On the first issue…1) The image in the header element is incorrect. It should be the same header image as the home and blog pages. The default featured image for the blog post is correct.
I checked the Home Header Element again and the Background Image was set to Featured Image. Changed it to Custom Image and all is good now.
Thank you so much for your help!August 15, 2019 at 8:25 pm #985340
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.