[Resolved] Blog Post Formats – GP Premium

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog Post Formats – GP Premium

Home Forums Support Blog Post Formats – GP Premium

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Garth Dryland

I recently purchased GP Premium and am very happy with it.

The issue i have is that my posts don’t alter in layout when selecting from the various formats types. There is no obvious difference between any of them. I assume that there is something to setup for this or active which I have overlooked. Suggestions are much appreciated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

At this time, the post formats don’t change anything.

I’m looking into the best layouts for each format so I can add it to the theme.

If you know of any themes that use these formats nicely, I’d love to see so I can integrate it into GeneratePress ๐Ÿ™‚

Garth

Hey Tom

I came across a theme or two before purchasing and switching to GeneratePress but I cant seem to locate them. None seem to be completely right to me though. Bits of some are good. I mix of all or some way to make some alterations of the post fromat types via customize on the fly would be the ultimate.

From memory however the themes format types didn’t retain formatting when switching from full post to excerpts. I feel that aside format should retain format or at least an aside that is a sticky. Quotes look rather good in a larger font and perhaps should also be exempt for being affected when switching from full post to excerpts. I feel that links should be much the same. If you post a link but need to click into the full post to get an active link to click on it seems rather pointless to me. As for images and video, it may be appropriate to have a small image and some text if required when set to excerpts and a larger image in full post view.

Anyway that’s my two cents.

If for now I set all my posts up in the various format types but without format html to give each format type a visible difference, I assume that when you update GeneratePress format types to differ from one another, that they will automatically set my existing posts to the new format layouts?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for the ideas – definitely helpful. If anyone else reading this has any ideas as well, I’d love to hear them.

Yes, if you set your posts with various format types, they will change automatically once I start to integrate them into the theme.

Thanks again!

Theodore Weddell

Just a thought, and I don’t know how possible or practical it would be, but possibly a plugin to customize post formats? The plugin would add a section to Customizer, which would dynamically display an options panel for each available format. Options could include an icon, title color, background color, layout, ect.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s an excellent idea – maybe something that can be added to the Blog addon.

Thanks!

Dan

Did this ever go anywhere? I love the idea and it saves the pain of wrangling a child theme, which I am strangely reluctant to do.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dan,

Hasn’t gone anywhere yet, but it’s still on my radar ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.