[Resolved] Blog post excerpts show outdated versions of blog post

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog post excerpts show outdated versions of blog post

Home Forums Support Blog post excerpts show outdated versions of blog post

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jimmy

I created a blog post that began with with, say, “Let’s suppose the unthinkable has happened. A loved one, or a friend, has been killed in an automobile accident. The family is distraught. They wonder how they can get by without their loved one.” Later, I changed it to say “Wrongful death occurs when a person is killed in violation of the law. Such a death can occur as a result of a criminal act, although a criminal act is not required for a wrongful death.”

Everything was fine on the free version of GP. But I wanted to use excerpts of blog posts on the home page, so I bought GP Premium. I left the default value of excerpts at 55 words.

When the excerpt comes up on the home page, it shows the language from the beginning of the old version of the blog post. When I click on the post to see full text, the correct, new language at the beginning of the post appears.

I went back and changed the length of the excerpt to 10 words, then 200 words. My other blog post except changed accordingly. The post displaying the old version did not change in length at all.

It’s like I’m stuck with this inaccurate excerpt.

Any ideas? TIA. JV

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand.

Are you referring to the second post in the link?

Jimmy

Thank you for your response. Yes, I am referring to the post “A Brain Injury Can Be Catastrophic and Lead to Lifetime Disability.” The excerpt shows a paragraph beginning with “In today’s post . . . ” At one time, that was the beginning paragraph of the post, but I changed it. If you click on the link, the full text of the post now begins with “A moderate brain injury …” The first 55 words of the post should now show as the excerpt.

I think I have the skill to add CSS code, but what is the code I should add?

Thank you.

Jimmy Verner

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like that post is using the custom excerpt metabox and not the default auto excerpt?
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/add-excerpts-to-your-pages-in-wordpress/

Can you confirm?

Jimmy

You are correct. I had activated the manual excerpt function and placed the language there. How and why I did that, who knows? Thank you so much for helping me with a glitch caused by me!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.