[Support request] Blog pagination not displaying

Home Forums Support [Support request] Blog pagination not displaying

Home Forums Support Blog pagination not displaying

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve

I must be doing something wrong. I do not see pagination at the bottom of https://land.us/blog/.

There are 9 blog posts for the site. If I change the Grid View – Items per Page to 9, I see all 9. But if I change it to 6 (the current setting), I see 6 with no pagination.

The site is using GeneratePress Version: 3.0.4 and GP Premium 2.0.3

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you have to insert a Query Pagination Block inside the Query Loop block. Make sure the Query Loop block is selected and then insert a new block otherwise the Query Pagination won’t appear.

Steve

Ok – I finally got it working.

This interface for adding a Query Loop block and then a Query Pagination block is pretty terrible. I know it’s WP, and not you.

When I click to add a Query Look block, I can make a bunch of setting changes to get the block to appear how I prefer. But when I click outside the block, I can never get back to the Query Loop block. It has been changed to a Columns block. I have no access to change to grid or column layout, or items per page. And I cannot add a Query Pagination block inside it. I had to do this about 6 times before I got performed the sequence correctly.

Additionally – adding a block inside a block is unusual with any other blocks (I think). To my mind, it makes more sense to have a checkbox for Display Pagination in the Query Loop advanced settings.

Sorry for the rant – this is not at all obvious.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I hear you on that rant 🙂 I took me several attempts to figure it out. If you use the Block List view ( icon in the Top Bar ) it will make it easier to select the Query Block, then the fun part is which + sign will allow you to add the damn hidden pagination block to. I hope WP 5.9 fixes some of these annoying UI issues.

Glad to hear you got it working.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.