[Resolved] "Blog Page Header" Plugin / customizing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] "Blog Page Header" Plugin / customizing

Home Forums Support "Blog Page Header" Plugin / customizing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jaakko Pöntinen

Hello again.

Am I doing this in a wise manner or a stupid one? I’ve added a header with BPH which now shows correctly above my posts on the main blog page. I use a .png I made as a backdrop and have told BPH to use the image as background. So far so good. Now i’d like to add slideshow widgets next to eachother, inside the backdrop I’ve made. What do i do?

Question 1: What do i do to add the widgets?
    Question 2: Shortcodes are said to be allowed within the BPH content editor, but as I try to use [slideshow_deploy id='4243'], I only get that as text showing on the header. Why is that?
    Question 3: I’d like to make BPH show on EVERY page on my blog (individual entries, contact page and so on and so on). How do I do that?

Thank you in advance, again.

– Jaakko Pöntinen

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Do the widgets supply shortcodes? If not, take a look at this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-shortcode/

2.Are you sure this is the correct shortcode? Which plugin are you using?

3. Currently this isn’t possible, but I’ll take a look at it as I’m putting a lot of effort into the next version of Page Header.

Let me know 🙂

Jaakko Pöntinen

1 & 2. The widget does supply the shortcode automatically (the shortcode for my test slideshow widget is the one I pasted to my original post), I’m using https://wordpress.org/plugins/slideshow-jquery-image-gallery/. I’ll get a shortcode that should work for sure (also gonna test it via some other way than through BPH) and try that. I’ll also try using the shortcode-giving plugin you recommended on the slideshow widget to see if that shortcode works. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

3. Thanks for the response 🙂

With a sunday morning smile (and a crying baby with her mom on the couch next to me, mebbe I’d need to be doing something else than this. O well, I asked and got the permission to go and wordpress)
    – Jaakko Pöntinen

Jaakko Pöntinen

Awesome!

Got it to work. Downloaded the plugin you suggested and used the shortcode it gave to publish the slideshow widget within BPH content. Works like a charm! Developing – advance, ho!

Thank you once again!

– Jaakko Pöntinen

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad it’s working!

We’re expecting our first baby any day now, so I think I’ll be sharing the crying baby with mom next to me on the couch experience very soon 🙂

Jaakko Pöntinen

Awesome!

Aint nothing better, though it certainly does not always feel that way 😛 The little dictator just doesn’t have any manners whatsoever…

– Jaakko

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hahah that’s hilarious 🙂 Definitely going to be an interesting experience!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

BTW – in the next update of GP Premium, BPH has been moved into the Customizer (Customize > Page Header > Blog).

Let me know if you want to test it before I release it 🙂

Jaakko Pöntinen

Hey,

thanks, that sounds like a treat! Gimmie gimmie.

– Jaakko Pöntinen

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Cool, shoot me an email to support@generatepress.com and I’ll send it over when it’s ready 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.