[Support request] blog page break (not because of GP theme)

Home Forums Support [Support request] blog page break (not because of GP theme)

Home Forums Support blog page break (not because of GP theme)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Leon

Hi Tom,

Sorry to bother you again because I know it’s not the problem with GP.

This is my problem: my blog page now shows an error and cant be visited. HTTP ERROR 500

This is what I did before this problem occurred:

I installed and activated WP user avatar plugin and set a custom default avatar for those users who’ve not uploaded their avatar. However, I found it replaced almost all the avatars on my website. After realizing this problem, I deactivated the plugin. After that, my blog page shows an error every time I visit it. Now the problem is still there.

The reason why I’m asking you is every time I ask a question, I’ll leave satisfied. And the problem is, my hosting company just didn’t solve this problem. On the contrary, the support guy created more problems for me by deactivating all my plugins without asking me for permission and after that, it took me hours to put all these plugins back to work as they worked before. (I still don’t know if there is any problem I haven’t found yet)

So may I ask if this is something about my blog page setting? Subcategories are showing correctly. Only the blog page doesn’t work.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards
    Leon

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, errors like this usually print a more specific error into the error_log file somewhere on your server (depending on your server settings). Your hosting wasn’t able to read that file to find the exact error?

As a wild guess, maybe you just need to increase your php memory limit?: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/increasing-php-memory-limit/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.