[Support request] Blog "next/previous" posts pagination

Home Forums Support [Support request] Blog "next/previous" posts pagination

Home Forums Support Blog "next/previous" posts pagination

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    robmac

Hi Tom/Leo

Best Wishes to you both for a Great 2018!

I’d be grateful if you could give me a little guidance please on improving my “pagination” for one of my sales blogs.

I’ve got some code I hunted down off the web, which I’m applying via the after page content “Hook” GP feature. Overall it’s kind of working for me:

It’s showing previous posts but not always “next” posts, can you suggest how I may resolve this please?

Also, I only want this type of “next/previous post” pagination to show on one specific category “Hot Sun News” – not product sales pages.

I have a DRAFT “if” piece of code

if( is_category( ‘hot_sun_news’ ) {

Not sure if the above code is even remotely correct.

My question/s in a nutshell – i) can my code be improved and if so, any suggestions are appreciated please. ii) is there perhaps a particular plugin, that’s EASY to use and will achieve what I’d like to? Obviously I’m chasing along with easier blog reader experience, any SEO benefit of a tighter “linked” articles structure.

Thanks for any guidance you can offer. If I can get this right on this site, I can use it as a guide for others, so killing multiple birds with one stone here hopefully!

Thank you,
    Robert

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Robert,

Is there any reason the core pagination isn’t working? The pages should be paginated within category pages by default.

robmac

Hi Tom,

I’m not really sure! I’ll drill down on a bit more and come back to you – maybe it’s a plugin issue.

Regards,
    Robert

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds good – I’ll be here 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.