[Resolved] Blog infinite scroll and cache

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog infinite scroll and cache

Home Forums Support Blog infinite scroll and cache

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Thierry

Hi

Cache plugin: WP Fastest cache Premium

GeneratePress with Infinite scroll for blog

Browser: Chrome on OSX and Android.

Even after deleting the entire cache and minified CSS, a forced reload of the blog page does not make appear the blog articles modifications (change an article featured image for example, or switching an already public post to private)
    Opening a private browser page load the right blog page.

First time I get this kind of issue. In your opinion, problem with GeneratePress or with Chrome?

Kind regards
    Thierry

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

user had a similar issue here:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/infinity-scroll-and-cache/

I would begin by speaking with WP Fastest Cache about the issue.

Thierry

Hi

Thanks for the answer

But I use WP Fastest cache on many other Websites with other Themes and Ajax Infinite Scroll, and no problem at all. I also use Ajax on some Woocommerce cart websites and no problem with WP Fastest Cache.

If I am not wrong, GeneratePress infinite scroll is not based on Ajax, but on pagination.So, maybe, there is something to check on GeneratePress, even if I will get in touch with WP Fastest Cache author.

Kind regards
    Thierry

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not sure I understand the issue you’re running into. Can you explain a bit more about the issue?

Our infinite scroll feature uses the official Infinite Scroll library, which uses AJAX.

Thierry

Hi

First I thought that your infinite scroll did not use Ajax, so I was wrong about this point.

Issue is the following.

Change the featured image of a post.
    Clear all cache and minified CSS

From another browser (Chrome), reload the blog page (featured image are shown on blog page)
    No change of the featured image.

Same behavior if I switch a post from public to private.
    With cleared cache, a reload of the blog page still shows the post that was turned to private.

Of course, this could be a Chrome issue (or WP Fastest Cache). But with another Theme that also have infinite scroll, I do not get this kind of issue.

Kind regards

Thierry

Here is an example

After reloading the blog page, “Les photos de groupe” post does not have any featured image

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YbKZ6Ri0HnFzupxfoVHroPAmvPiK3xrf/view?usp=sharing

With a “private” Chrome session, you get the real content of the blog page with a featured image for “Les photos de groupe” post.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pv3756JCHo7fJsYyD962eMHku8dTCRrx/view?usp=sharing

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This more sounds like an issue with the caching plugin, but feel free to link us to the page and I’ll take a closer look.

Thierry

Hi Tom

It is a OSX Chrome Bug for reload! Reload partially uses browser cache. Version 88.0.4234.150

Everything was OK on Android Chrome (I made an error in my first tests).

Kind regards
    Thierry

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you found the issue 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.