[Resolved] blog images are cropped

Home Forums Support [Resolved] blog images are cropped

Home Forums Support blog images are cropped

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jos

Hello Supportteam,

On a site i am building i use the WP posts plug-in. This works very well. Compliments to Tom!
    But the images are blown up and some are cropped. How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Jos

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you need to use images that are of the same aspect ratio as the dimensions you set in the WP Show Posts list.

Jos

Hi David,

Sorry for the late respons, while you are responding so quickly.

But I didn’t get the right look with Posts Pro, so I started using Elementor. Here I could show the images on the right side. Because the images are so different in height, it doesn’t look good because they have been cropped. I have the logos different in height which should have the same aspect ratio as the pictures on the right side.
    Is there a way (with CSS) not to have the logos cut off, or to show the logos on the side? This is because in Elementor no links are shown immediately in the overview and the text does not break off nicely. WP Posts is more beautiful in this.

Thanks in advance.
    By th eway i find your support outstanding! I already rated it with 5 stars.

Jos
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s awesome, thank you, we try our best πŸ™‚

So we can try some CSS, can you leave the image size as auto in WPSP. We can then throw some CSS at it to see if we can make that work. Let me knwo.

Jos

Hi David,

I don’t see how i can leave the images size as auto in WPSP. Can i make you an admin to resolve this?

Thanks,
    Jos

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Send through the details to the Account Issue form under contact and provide the URL to this topic.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

have a look at the WPSP page and let me know if this is near what you’re trying to achieve.

Jos

Hi David,

Perfect! What a great support!

I am sometimes a difficult customer πŸ™‚
    2 more questions:
    1 how can I use different categories on the different lists. I want a list of auctions and for example 1 list of events etc.? And more filter methods.

2 I can show a part of elementor, for example a slider at the top of the page, so below the header, and below that a shortcode of wp posts.?

Thanks again,
    Jos

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome. So just to cover, the WPSP list Images – i just removed any pixel sizes. The images are then loaded at the full size. In the Simple CSS you will see:

/* WPSP layout container size */

.wp-show-posts-image.wpsp-image-right {
        width: 120px; /* sets width of image - WPSP does the auto fit */
    }

.wp-show-posts-entry-header h2 {
    font-size: 24px; /* reduce H2 title size */
    }

.wp-show-posts-entry-content {
    font-size: 0.8em; /* reduce content size */
    }

1. Categories – duplicate the WPSP edit the List and then select your Taxonomy.
    You can add multiple lists to a page just do not use Pagination on them if you do so. It will cause crazy things to happen πŸ™‚

2. You can save your Elementor section as a template. Then grab the shortcode from the Elementor > My Templates and add it to your content. If you want to display it across multiple pages then use the Hook Element > After Header

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

Jos

Thank you very much. This looks and works very well!
    You are great!

Greets,
    Jos

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad i could be of help πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.