[Support request] Blog: full width image, narrow text column?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Blog: full width image, narrow text column?

Home Forums Support Blog: full width image, narrow text column?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Danno

screenshot: http://www.screencast.com/t/sIij5BSbAp7t

Hi, I’m using the GP theme with add-ons.

Any advice on achieving the look in the screenshot for blog entries? Basically, the feature image spans full width, and then the text of the post is in a narrow center column.

Love the theme–can’t see a way to do this though. Any advice?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Can you show me what you have so far? The solution is different depending on your settings (separate containers vs one container etc..).

Also, do you want the featured image to be a static image or are you using the Page Header add-on to add a background image + content?

Let me know 🙂

Danno

Thanks for the quick reply.

The screenshot is from another theme (EighteenTags), and this is one of their default layouts–I haven’t got anything set up in GP yet.

I’m just getting things set up in GP, so I can set it up any way. I am basically trying to recreate this layout, how-ever…

The featured image is static–I’m not using the page header. I’m hoping to have the image placed automatically.

Hope that’s not too vague. Thanks for any help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could give something like this a shot:

.single .inside-article > *:not(.page-header-image-single) {
        max-width: 800px;
        margin-left: auto;
        margin-right: auto;
    }

It should basically set everything that’s not the featured image to 800px (adjust as needed) and center it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.