[Resolved] Blog Featured Image Size

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog Featured Image Size

Home Forums Support Blog Featured Image Size

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The image tag does have those dimensions (340×170): https://www.screencast.com/t/qhw1YxSy

I assume the resizer is still turned off right now?

K

No, resizer is on. Had to turn it back on to get it to work. Would love to be able to turn it back off.

P.S. I’m turning Jetpack back on since I need to do other work on it. As a result, the images will show different w/h elements as Jetpack uses javascript to update them after it renders the images. Let me know if you need me to turn it back off.

K

After looking at the generatepress code, I noticed crop would be turned off if I didn’t set both a width and height value. So I only set the width hoping that would keep the image optimizer from running. This is enough for the Jetpack CDN to resize.

Not sure if it’s working, but so far my wp-options table is not filling up with image processing entries even though I do NOT have this set: define( ‘GP_IMAGE_RESIZER’, false );

If the db remains clean for another day or so, we can mark this issue as resolved.

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The resizer shouldn’t fill up the database at all – if it is, it means something isn’t working correctly.

Let me know 🙂

K

Hi Tom,

It was filling up with entries, but hasn’t happened in the last couple of days since I omitted the height setting for the featured images in the Customizer.

I’ll let you know if it comes back.

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds good – thanks!

K

Thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.