[Support request] Blog Excerpt Not Working on First Post

Home Forums Support [Support request] Blog Excerpt Not Working on First Post

Home Forums Support Blog Excerpt Not Working on First Post

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Hi,
    Here’s a link to the “News” category page on a dev site we have just started building – http://fivestarfiller.smartdigital.xyz/index.php/category/news/
    You will see that the first post shows the entire content not an excerpt and I cannot figure out why or how to change it, any help would be appreciated.
    We are using Beaver Builder & Themer
    TIA,
    Paul

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Paul

that is odd, what happens if you create a new post ie. more recent then that one? Does the problem persist?

Paul

Hi David,
    It is very odd, and no I’ve just created a new post (you can see if you refreash page) and that is fine, that problem post till shows full content!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the only the difference between that post and the latest post is the Uncategorized category. Just to dimiss that can you create a new post with both the categories? If thats ok then we could assume its just that post is weird lol

Paul

Just created another with both categories and all seems okay.
    Strange one, I’ll just delete that other post and pretend it never happened LOL!
    Thanks for your help David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome, i will mention it to Tom in case there is some random bug he is aware of.

Paul

Do you want me to keep it on the site for the minute just incase Tom needs to look. I won’t need to delete it until tomorrow if that helps! And if you need any temporary login etc. please just ask.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Perfect, if you wouldn’t mind. I have assigned the topic to Tom, lets see if he can answer this one!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting, it’s using the .entry-summary class, but it’s showing full HTML.

Any custom functions on the site?

Paul

Hi Tom,
    No custom functions yet.
    We’re using GP with Beaver Builder, Themer and a few other related plugins. The posts were generated using Fakerpress! And we’re on Cloudways hosting.
    More than happy to give you access if you think it will help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That would be great! Feel free to send them through our form here: https://generatepress.com/contact

Just be sure to mention this topic 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.