[Resolved] Blog articles in two columns?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog articles in two columns?

Home Forums Support Blog articles in two columns?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    pilxy

Hi,

I would like to change display of the blog layout, so that the articles are listed in two columns. How can I achieve that using only CSS?

Thank you for the answer. πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Kind of tough, as you would have to use Javascript to make the articles equal height in the columns. I’m currently looking into this as an addition to Generate Blog πŸ™‚

pilxy

For the equal height, maybe I could use one of these methods, without the need for javascript? https://css-tricks.com/fluid-width-equal-height-columns/

Right now I’m struggling to get the articles to align in two columns. The things I tryed so far have just aligned all the articles into one column, and I’m not sure how to get half of them into the second one…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The CSS on that page is dealing with columns as in two sidebars and content.

The code to make all blocks in the same row the same height would definitely require some JS.

I’ll take a look and see if I can come up with a simple solution tomorrow πŸ™‚

pilxy

Hi Tom,

Any progress on this? πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Getting there. This upcoming update focused on a complete re-write of Typography, which was huge, and unexpected. I should have some more time to get this new feature included in the update after this one πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This will be in the next GP Premium update (1.2.78) πŸ™‚

Marco

Awesome! Can’t wait for it.

Sherry

So is this function in the current version of GP?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Sherry,

This should help: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-columns-in-the-blog/

Let me know if this is what you are after.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.