[Support request] Blog Archive to use the site set size thumbanails

Home Forums Support [Support request] Blog Archive to use the site set size thumbanails

Home Forums Support Blog Archive to use the site set size thumbanails

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tiago

In my blog, images are being scaled from full size. I have set thumbnail sizes to 240×150 in settings / media. 1) I understand I can set a width in customizer / blog / post image, but could not find a way to just use my set thumbnail size and have no duplicated images created in my upload folder. 2) By setting image width in customizer my latest blog post (set to a medium size in a masonry grid) has its image in the same smaller size as the others. Any suggestions? Here is the Holos design blog

I’m really impressed with how well this theme built considering developers. Review coming soon.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Tiago,

1. You can set the featured image to use your medium size with a filter:

add_filter( 'generate_page_header_default_size','generate_change_default_image_size' );
    function generate_change_default_image_size()
    {
        return 'medium';
    } 

2. This is much harder, I need to dig into the code to make it possible to have different image sizes associated with different widths in masonry. Currently I don’t think it’s possible.

What I would do is use CSS to resize your images for now if this is needed. Each masonry grid size has a different class, so you can target the .post-image class:

.width6 .post-image {
        max-width: 400px;
    }

article:not(.width6) .post-image {
        max-width: 200px;
    }

Just as an example 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.