[Support request] Blog Archive and Images

Home Forums Support [Support request] Blog Archive and Images

Home Forums Support Blog Archive and Images

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Please excuse a naive and perhaps over expectation on being able customise the look and feel. I am new to blogging and generatepress – and as somebody else wrote in this forum – a recovering Divi user…

In each post I am using an image block (not a featured image) as I want to control the position but also the size and ratios of the image for each post e.g. portrait or landscape, full width or in a left hand column with text to the right.
    I want to customise how the archive of posts displays. I know that I can go to Appearance/Customize and change the Archive Featured Image settings.

I found this article which would seem to force the image into a square of a certain size. Would it be possible to do something similar and use % instead of fixed – making sure to maintain the relative width and height of each image?
    Having made a smaller image (!) I want to then place the image either above or more likely to the left of the post in the archive listing.

Perhaps I am missing the point of standardisation and the elegance of consistent image size and placement!
    Thank you for your thoughts and help, Paul

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If you leave the width or height empty, the image will resize proportionally without cropping/forcing it into a fixed square.

Then you can use the alignment to move the featured image above or to the left/right.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.