[Resolved] Block Element in Sidebar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Block Element in Sidebar

Home Forums Support Block Element in Sidebar

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think the older content will be just fine.
    If it will cause issue, WordPress won’t just convert to Gutenberg, that’s my opinion πŸ™‚

And deactivating a plugin won’t cause long term issue, that’s the way we always do for debugging. You could deactivate it and exam the site, if it really causes issue, then just simply activate it back.

Good luck!

Ian

Thanks for your help! Really appreciate it.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome! Glad to help πŸ™‚
    Can I close this topic for now?

Ian

Done and thx again.

Ian

Oh, one last question. Is there a way to serve the Block with a shortcode? I think the easiest way to is create a block, grab a shortcode and insert into WP’s default sidebar widget. Is this possible?

Otherwise, I will have to try and use Block Type = Sidebar and build everything in there including running WP Show Posts shortcodes.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not aware of a way to turn blocks into shortcode unfortunately.

I would recommend disabling the Classic editor plugin when you are using the block element module, then reactivate the Classic editor plugin once you are done or when you actually need it.

I’ve noted this issue and will see if we can force Gutenberg editor when the block element is used.

Ian

Thanks Leo. We need to update about 1000 more posts. Let me use the classic editor to do this first and I will do all the classic editor.

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Ian

Ying and Leo… holy crap. Game changer. Just disabled Classic Editor plugin and revamped our sidebar using an Element Block. WOW. Just wow. Removed older code and rebuilt using GB and speed went up a little. And when I say a little, it’s a lot since it’s the last few % point for Google PSI. The last few %’s are always the most difficult.

Again, thank you both. It took lots of hard work, testing, your team’s feedback (including yourselves, David, Tom etc…) and I even had to dig deep through my 20 years of optimization know-how to get an acceptable score and CWV for PSI for a site that run ad network tags.

The bad news. I am not sure how most business owners will even be able to pass half of the tests that Google has set out. The good news, business for this type of work should increasing dramatically and I look forward to servicing this niche.

Thank you all!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are very welcome!
    I believe you’ll enjoy block editor πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.