[Resolved] Block Content Element in a Hook

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Block Content Element in a Hook

Home Forums Support Block Content Element in a Hook

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    troyw

Hey guys,

I’m not sure if this is possible with the Block Elements, but I would like to present Block Content Templates within a Block Hero page. This is pretty hard to explain, but I am using Pods Custom Posts and presenting the content using your Block Elements. So far this has been working better than I could ever have expected, however there is one more hurdle that I am stuck on.

Using your ‘Block – Page Hero’ I can style my Posts to present Text and Images dynamically. Using the Display Rules I can set the Location (Pods Custom Post) where the dynamic data is taken from. This is better than awesome!

I can also use your Block – Content Template, to style and present my Custom Post Archives and again this is absolutely awesome.

What I cannot seem to get my head around though, is how I can present a similar layout to the archives, below my Block Hero Content. I am thinking that maybe some kind of Hook configuration may do this, but I cannot figure this out. It may not be possible, which is why I am asking now. I need to be able to style my blocks, just like the ones on my Archive Pages and dynamically display the related content, with my Shortcodes and your Dynamic content.

I have left some links below which I hope will help you understand.

Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Block Element – Content Template replaces what’s inside the <article> content of a post/page and the post card styles within a default archive page.

It can’t style a GP Element so it can’t style a Block Element – Page hero.

If I understand it correctly, you seem to be trying to insert a post list/grid within the Page hero or the single post page of an artist. In that case, you’ll have to get a post list plugin and style it manually to resemble your archive page’s styling. ๐Ÿ˜€

Although, personally, I think “Artist” should be a taxonomy of its own instead of a category term.

You then set artists like “Mind Electric” to be term under Artist taxonomy instead of being post type.

And then its songs should be the posts under “Mind electric” term.

And then you just add more custom fields on taxonomy Artist’s term fields if you wish to add more artist term meta. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.