[Resolved] Block Archive view always shows first picture from the post (along with feature)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Block Archive view always shows first picture from the post (along with feature)

Home Forums Support Block Archive view always shows first picture from the post (along with feature)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrei

It is very well could be that something is wrong with my setup… but I can not figure out what it is.

The problem I am having is with “Layout -> Blog”. For some reason, no matter what I do, in “archive” view the theme shows not only feature image + excerpts but also in addition it shows first picture from the post (which is **not** featured). For example:

Archive Item shows first pic from the post

At the same time… it does work properly in “Search results”

Works properly in search results

I have tried both 1.7.8 and 1.8.0-rc.2, the problem present in both versions (and it was the same in free version)

**NOTE** The website (see website URL below) is no using the GP as of now… I run into this issue while trying to convert the site from current Genesis based theme to GP.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The site you linked isn’t using GP.

Can you double check?

Let me know 🙂

Andrei

>The site you linked isn’t using GP.

This is correct… I am in process of converting travelingbytes.com to GP… as of now, my test site is not yet publicly available (I am running it in local docker).

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s really hard to tell why it isn’t working for you without seeing the site live.

We haven’t had this issue reported so I’m guessing it’s something specific to your install/settings.

I would say make sure there is no more tag added after the first image:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-more-tag/

If this doesn’t help, might need to try #1 here to eliminate any plugin conflicts first:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

If that still doesn’t help, any chance you can duplicate the issue on a live server so we can try to debug?

Andrei

>I would say make sure there is no more tag added after the first image:

Bingo! This was it!

TYVM

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.