[Support request] Blinking link/button div

Home Forums Support Blinking link/button div

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kle

Hi,

I have a problem with a page that I am translating, a button/link I created with a div with borders blinks when cliking it. The button/link loads a hidden text. The div/border/background gets smaller while loading the text and I wish it didin’t do that.. I’ve been trying to remove the blinking with css with no success. Not sure if you could help me with tis but I will really apreciate a look into it.

The button/link is called “C° / READ TEXT” and is located bellow the name of the page.

Thank you.

GeneratePress 2.0.2
    GP Premium 1.6.2
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks like the button is using javascript to change the text. However, the javascript seems to remove the text first, show the div, then update the text. That’s the cause of the blinking.

Kle

Hi Tom, thank you for taking a look at that, I am not sure what to do about that yet.

While we are at it, I’ve been meaning to post about this, it’s a similar issue but in this case it has to do with my GP menu and page in general. Whenever I click on a link on my menu, it jumps when reloading, the scroll bar appears and disappears (fast but noticeable) and some things blink. The arrows of my menu (the ones showing there’s a submenu) appear and disappear too.

I uploaded a video of this, the link it’s on the opening post of this topic.

Your GP website (https://generatepress.com) doesn’t do that when reloading/clicking links on the menu, it doesn’t show the scroll bar appearing and disappearing etc. How can I have my site to behave like that as well?

Thank you Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is there a specific page I should be looking at? I’m not experiencing any weirdness or blinking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.