[Resolved] Beta 1.7 bug – Element's image background position is not saved

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Beta 1.7 bug – Element's image background position is not saved

Home Forums Support Beta 1.7 bug – Element's image background position is not saved

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    George

I have set a custom background image for a hero image element. I select the Background Position to be center center but when I save, the Background Position option disappears and only appears when I select a different Background Image style (eg, Featured Image) in which case, I switch back to Custom Image, save but the position again is not saved. I think it gets defaulted to “left left” because when I test different browser sizes, it seems to always be left left aligned.

GeneratePress 2.1.3
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The background position option won’t show up if the parallax option is checked.

However, you did find a bug where it re-appears if the background image option is changed (even with parallax checked). Fixed that in beta.2.

The option is saving for me though, no matter which one I check. What happens if you uncheck parallax and save?

George

Yeah, it’s fine when parallax is deactivated. Can’t we have background position option with parallax activated and if not why?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Unfortunately not at this time. Parallax works by moving the background-position, and it needs to start at the top position.

George

Is there a way to start at the top center position then?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

With CSS right now. I’ll see if I can work something into beta.2 ๐Ÿ™‚

George

Thanks, Tom, CSS works ok for now:

.page-hero {
    	background-size: cover;
    	background-position: top center;
    }

I could also start it from center center actually but once the page starts scrolling, it jumps back to top center to initiate the parallax and moves from there.

George

Hi Tom, just a note after the beta 2 update. Let’s say you select “center top”, then deactivate parallax and the reactivate it again. It jumps to “left top” instead of staying “center top”. Apart from that I would also suggest, either removing the options that cannot be selected all together or add a note next to it like (not available) just to make it more clear!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, we’d need to implement some sort of memory system in order to know what the value was before. The code that would take probably wouldn’t be worth it, as I doubt people will be switching back and forth frequently.

Really appreciate the feedback! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.