[Support request] Best practice for migrating from Divi

Home Forums Support [Support request] Best practice for migrating from Divi

Home Forums Support Best practice for migrating from Divi

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Laura

I am moving our site off Divi and onto your platform. Do you have best practices or a support article on the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We don’t have an article for this unfortunately.

I’m not sure if Divi does anything special but it should be the same as migrating from any other themes.

The best thing to do is to activate the free theme and start tweaking from there.

Rob Tigeir

I tired previewing GeneratePress coming from Divi and it was a mess. All their special code shows.
    From what is said here that is unexpected?

I think exporting the content and importing to a clean install would make most sense _ I can’t deal with the downtime right now. But Divi is getting in the way

Any better solutions?

Like this:
    [et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ fullwidth=”on” custom_padding_last_edited=”on|desktop” admin_label=”section” _builder_version=”3.22″ custom_padding=”0px|0px|0px|0px” custom_padding_tablet=”50px|0|50px|0″ custom_padding_phone=”” transparent_background=”off” padding_mobile=”off”][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ fullwidth=”on” _builder_version=”4.4.1″][et_pb_fullwidth_header title=”Covid-19 Volunteer Response” button_one_text=”Find out more” _builder_version=”4.4.1″ subhead=”We’re registering volunteers across Otago and connecting them to organisations needing help” button_one_text__hover_enabled=”off|desktop” hover_enabled=”0″ button_one_url=”@ET-DC@eyJkeW5hbWljIjp0cnVlLCJjb250ZW50IjoicG9zdF9saW5rX3VybF9wYWdlIiwic2V0dGluZ3MiOnsicG9zdF9pZCI6IjU1MjgifX0=@” _dynamic_attributes=”button_one_url” custom_button_one=”on” button_one_text_color=”#000000″ button_one_icon=”%%3%%” button_one_custom_padding=”|50px||50px|false|true” button_one_custom_margin=”|0px||0px|false|true” text_orientation=”center”][/et_pb_fullwidth_header][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ specialty=”on” custom_padding_last_edited=”on|desktop” parallax_method_1=”off” parallax_method_2=”off” background_color_1=”#e02b20″ padding_top_1=”20px” padding_right_1=”20px” padding_bottom_1=”20px” padding_left_1=”20px” _builder_version=”3.22″ custom_padding_tablet=”50px|0|50px|0″ custom_padding_phone=”” transparent_background=”off” padding_mobile=”off”][et_pb_column type=”1_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ background_color=”#e02b20″ custom_padding=”|||” padding_bottom__hover=”20px” padding_left__hover=”20px” padding_right__hover=”20px” padding_top__hover=”20px” background_color__hover=”#e02b20″ parallax__hover=”off” parallax_method__hover=”off” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text admin_label=”New Vol Ops Title” _builder_version=”4.3.2″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_layout=”dark” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not familiar with Divi but those are just shortcode so the source (Divi plugin maybe?) need to be activated for those to execute.

Rob Tigeir

Yes I think you are right the divi plugin would probably deal with them but I’m trying to rid myself of it.

I just got rid of the shortcodes with the pro version of this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcode-cleaner-lite/

The Lite version seemed to do nothing, it’s not clear if that is by design.

I am now divi free but there’s a lot to clean up beyond shortcodes.

It makes me think of the old AOL CDs that would hijack every aspect of your computer and removing it would leave the computer broken.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah that’s the unfortunate part about all page builders.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.