[Support request] Best photo gallery for GP

Home Forums Support [Support request] Best photo gallery for GP

Home Forums Support Best photo gallery for GP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Justin

I need to create project gallery pages, like my old site: https://www.theshapingbay.com/evolve
    Am I best adding a folder plugin for the media library (to organise galleries), adding pre-compressed images and using the Gutenberg image gallery block on each page. 
    Or, using an all-in-one plugin like Modula or Envira, that combines lazy loading and compression?
    I am conscious of load speeds – and want to use something simple to update and use that works well with GP.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

If you don’t require anything fancy and you are using lazy loading and optimization on all images on your site then the core Gallery Block is good for me. It may take some CSS to get it how you like,

If you need anything more, or just greater control or inbuilt optimizations then Envira and Modula get good recommendations. NexGen Gallery – we seen some issues with that in the past, where it hooks scripts into the footer has broken some theme options.

Justin

Thanks David,
    For my site, it just needs to be simple. So ill stick with my planned system of core gallery blocks, with a plugin to add folders to the media library (so that I can keep everything organised). I am using WP Rocket for lazy loading images.
    Thanks for your help

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.