Black Friday Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

[Support request] before comments / after content hook

Home Forums Support before comments / after content hook

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Moses

I probably don’t fully understand this, but I think it should be pretty simple

1. I want to insert a shortcode to appear globally. I want it to be only after single blog posts (and before comments).

I noticed there’s a before comment hook, but I don’t understand how to restrict it to only blog posts, and I don’t know what would happen if there are no comments or if comments are disabled.

2. as I understand hooks are specific places throughout the theme, where I can put content or code as I like.
    What’s are the best practices for doing such a thing?
    – Using the sidebar item ‘GP Hooks’ and pasting the content to the desired hook?
    – using a Code snippets plugin and somehow target the exact hook, and include the content? (because it seems that not all hooks are listed on ‘GP Hooks’)
    – or maybe there’s another way?

GeneratePress 2.0.1
    GP Premium 1.5.6
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. This should help: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-hooks-conditional-tags/#single-posts
    It should still up above where the comments would be even if there are no comments or disabled.
    Let me know if it doesn’t.

– If the hooks you are using is available in that module then yes
    – Exactly, only the popular hooks are included in the Dashboard module.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.