[Resolved] Beaver Themer – Navigation disappears unless set to "above header"

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Beaver Themer – Navigation disappears unless set to "above header"

Home Forums Support Beaver Themer – Navigation disappears unless set to "above header"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Textdriven

I’m using the new Beaver Builder Themer plugin with the latest GeneratePress.

It seems if I make a custom header in Themer the primary nav bar disappears from the site unless I set the location to “Above Header”. If I turn of the BB Themer header in also appears in the “Below Header” position.

I want my nav bar below my custom header but there is no way i can make that happen it seems.

Lyle

Robin –

I do believe you have discovered a bug 🙂

I am able to reproduce this behavior and I would tend to think it is a Themer issue. I will try the same thing with a Genesis child theme, as it is another supported theme framework, and post back.

Cheers!
    Lyle

Lyle

Just tried it with Genesis and Dynamik Website Builder. The nav shows below the Themer header as set in Dynamik Design > Nav > Nav Placement (with DWB, it’s not set in the Customizer).

If you set the Themer header Sticky = No with GP-P and Menu set to Above Header in the Customizer, it will be above the Themer header and will be Sticky if set in the Customizer.

There is definitely something out of sorts as this is does not work as expected.

I’ll do some more testing and research.

Lyle

The more I look into this and try things out, I think this is how Themer is supposed to work. That is, you use it to build your custom header including the menu(s), by way of the BB Menu module. Doing it this way would negate the need for the GP nav(s).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If the navigation is set to float left or right, it positions inside the header element. If something then removes that header element, the navigation is removed with it.

Textdriven

But the “Below Header” option isn’t inside the header element and yet it still removes that header when I make one in Themer. Only “Above Header” seems to work for me. Although I do get some strange results in the GP customiser where the header appears when scrolling for “Below header”.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can link me to a page where it’s not showing when set to Below Header?

Textdriven

Thanks Tom, I will for sure but I am on a tight deadline at the moment so I’ve had to apply a work around using the free “Beaver Builder Header and Footer” plugin for now. Once the deadline is over I can supply you with a access to a staging site if needed. Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds good 🙂

William

Aloha.

I’m having the same issue in 2020 🙂

No nav appears “below header” when using a Beaver Themer custom header.

http://panoramic-alarm.flywheelsites.com/

But works “above header”.

Any idea?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

navigation positions such as Below Header rely on hooks in the Theme templates.
    When you replace the themes elements such as the header you remove the template that contains those hooks. Which is why it does not work.

Instead you could save your Beaver Builder header as a template, then insert that template using a GP Hook Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

The before_header hook would be the correct place for it.

William

Thanks David!!

Is this close to the correct shortcode I’m meant to insert into the hook (I called it “my-header-hook”)?

[fl_builder_insert_layout slug=”before-header”]

My BB template is called “my-header”.

Sorry to trouble you with this – first time using hooks 🙂

I’ve always wanted to – very exciting.

Mahalo from HawaiĘ»i – bill

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not familiar with Beaver Themer shortcodes, but that looks like it should work 🙂

William

It was this 🙂 Works great!

[fl_builder_insert_layout slug=”60”]

Pulled the “60” from the source code of the template

Couldnʻt get it to work with the slug name.

Mahalo 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Beaver Themer – Navigation disappears unless set to "above header"’ is closed to new replies.