bbpress forum questions

Home Forums Support bbpress forum questions

Home Forums Support bbpress forum questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Are Martin

Hi Tom, Happy New Year! 🙂

I have 3 questions regarding bbpress.

1. What css is required to make the user profile display above the forum post like the way you have in this forum? I know .bbp-reply-author is the css selector, but I´m not sure exactly what to do with it.

I want this to be used as the forum layout on mobile and smaller screens

2. Is there a simple way to move the bbpress breadcrumbs to make them appear just above the div element with the class=”bbp-header” instead of below the class=”entry-title”?

3.I´m trying to insert font-awesome icons in the bbpress topic list right before the topic title.

I tried using the :before pseudo-element like this:

.bbp-topic-title a:before {
      font-family: FontAwesome;
      content: ""\f086"";
      margin-right: 5px;
      float: left;
      padding-top: 3px;

}

but nothing happened.

Any idea what might be wrong here?

I´ll send you some coffee if you´re able to help me with this 😉

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Happy New Year 🙂

1. This should do it:

#bbpress-forums div.bbp-forum-author, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-topic-author, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-author {
        width: 100%;
        float: none;
    }

2. This would most likely require using some bbPress hooks and actions – you’ll have to check with their documentation to see if it’s possible.

3. Looks good to me – try remove the extra set of quotations around the content data: content: "\f086";

Are Martin

1.Thanks 🙂 This worked nicely

2. These are two hooks I know exist in bbpress 'bbp_template_before_single_forum' 'bbp_template_before_single_topic' But since all the elements I want to display are already there, can I maybe just rearrange the div elements in the bppress template files to make them appear in the reverse order?

3. that was me being sloppy :/ Sorry! It works when I remove the quotations 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m afraid I don’t know enough about the inner-workings of bbPress to understand fully which hooks and actions would be needed to rearrange the HTML elements. Have you tried posting in their forum or on stackexchange?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.