[Resolved] bbPress / BuddyPress Colors

Home Forums Support [Resolved] bbPress / BuddyPress Colors

Home Forums Support bbPress / BuddyPress Colors

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Carl

Hi there, just bought GeneratePress Premium today and am still new to WordPress in general. Learning a LOT over this past week and GeneratePress is THE go-to for me now for building. I have a small site I’m working on for my Guild and added BuddyPress & bbPress. I have no issues with the layouts, etc… but cannot find anywhere to edit the coloring of the forums or a few tabs for buddypress that are appearing very ugly and out of place with the rest of the site as I’m putting it all together. I’m trying to get the appearance stuff fixed up first.

I did a search on your forums and wasn’t really finding anything that kinda just said hey noob, this is how you do it. Can you help? If it’s not natively available in GeneratePress, is it something you would consider adding as a Module / feature for an additional price? Coloring for theme-matching is something I would think a LOT of newer folks to WordPress, etc… would LOVE to have with your product.

If you go view my site please know it’s ugly as sin right now, lol… I’m headed to bed and haven’t even begun doing anything with it yet. Just working on colors first for the base stuff, then I can make it more attractive.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You would need CSS to change the colors of BuddyPress.

If you can specify the specific element you are trying to change (not seeing anything in your current page) then we should be able to help ๐Ÿ™‚

Not enough people are using BuddyPress so it won’t be in our add-on.

Let me know.

Carl

First, thank you so much for the fast response!

For bbPress Forums I’m looking to change the backgrounds, the links change, but the default has light colors and white text I can’t see in a post. I may have found a plugin for bbPress to do it’s coloring: bbp style pack

For BuddyPress it’s the selected tabs and drop-down menus that I’m not seeing how to adjust the coloring. If you click on say… Activity. You’ll see All Members, Mentions tabs that have a Light Grey background with dark grey text. There’s also the buttons for Comment, Favorite, Delete that I would like to change at some point.

I’m just waking up and going to be doing a lot more reading today. I’m also starting to realize that you probably can’t see the Mentions tab and the Comment, Favorite, Delete buttons unless you’re logged in, lol. Wow I’m feeling like a super-noob right now.

Carl

I may have just solved my entire set of issues by installing WPForo, making me not have to use BuddyPress or bbPress at all. It has the ability to let me theme it up in it’s settings and has it’s own profiles, etc… so… I’m going to give it a big try and see where that leads me. BuddyPress seems a bit overkill at the moment and I’m starting to understand why lots of folks have stopped using it.

Keep up the amazing work on GeneratePress, it’s literally changed my entire outlook on using WordPress overnight!!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you are enjoying GP!

CRISTO

I was just about to ask if WPForo worked well with GP premium, I guess it does.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

GP should work with any plugins that are well coded and made to work with themes ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.