[Resolved] Baloo google font missing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Baloo google font missing

Home Forums Support Baloo google font missing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Pieter

Hi Tom,

I really would like to use the Baloo font for a website, but it’s not in the typography dropdown list…
    Maybe a new font added to google font since your last update?

Gr. Pieter

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The list has been updated in the next version, however it only displays the top 200 most popular Google Fonts in the list.

I have made it possible in the next update to add the font you’re looking for using a simple filter though.

If you’d like to test the new version, shoot me an email through the contact page on this site and I’ll send it over πŸ™‚

Pieter

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your quick response again.

Tried it, but really strange; I made the font show up in the customizer. But when selecting it shows Open Sans in the preview. Save it and look real-time, still Opens Sans. Go back to the customizer and Open Sans is selected.

Then I thought I could also do it with css. So changed H1 with the Google font family and a real different font shows up! Though in css the baloo font is set. Really weird….

So for now I keep it the old way, waiting for the client response of the site.

Gr. Pieter

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just tested it and it seems to work for me.

This is the function you would add:

add_filter( 'generate_typography_customize_list','generate_add_google_fonts' );
    function generate_add_google_fonts( $fonts )
    {
    	$fonts[ 'baloo_bhai' ] = array( 'name' => 'Baloo Bhai' );

return $fonts;
    }
    Pieter

deinstalled and installed gp-premium again and used your code, but same problem. Other fonts are showing up, but everything with Baloo in it don’t.. Thought maybe the browser, but in Chrome and Firefox it doesn’t show up…

Maybe you e-mailed me the wrong file? In the log it says 1.2.90, but in the gp-premium.php is says still 1.2.89

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, I know why! The sanitize function (security function to make sure only the right option values can be saved) isn’t up to date in the current version of the free theme.

I’ve added the function to GP Premium so it uses the most up to date version, and you can also grab the latest version of the free theme from GitHub: https://github.com/tomusborne/GeneratePress

Shoot me an email if you want the latest GP Premium with the function added πŸ™‚

Pieter

Hi Tom,

Thnx! Now it works. Unfortunally the font is too big to look great on the site…. But without your help I didn’t know this. Now I’m the lucky one with already the new version of GP :-p
    And ofcourse learned some news thing with the custom PHP, so thumbs up again for you Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! πŸ™‚

Arturo Garcia

Hi Tom,

So, Is it possible now to add Google fonts that are not in the 200 list? Or should we wait until the next update?

Regards.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I made sure it was possible right away.

This should help: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-google-fonts/

Spiros

Hi.

Im using Generatepress Pro (Version 1.10.0) and im into the same question. How can i use the Baloo font on my website?

I see this topic opened since 2016 and i read about a function added exc exc. Im i missing something?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup this is what you need to do:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/customizing-the-google-font-list/

Please open a new topic if you need more help on this.

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Baloo google font missing’ is closed to new replies.