[Support request] Bad Request

Home Forums Support [Support request] Bad Request

Home Forums Support Bad Request

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Allan

I’m having the same issues as many others. When I click on the “open options” button for any listed items under “start customizing (i.e., site identity, color options, typography, etc.), the next page displays “bad request” in the upper left corner.

The latest version of Theme/GP Premium are installed and all other plugins are disabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Allan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

what happens if you try opening it on a different browser ? Or a private/incognito browser ?

Allan

Hi David,
    Same issue happens in Chrome, Brave, & Edge. See response from my hosting provider below.

Can we a)remove the square brackets or b)provide an earlier version of GP Premium that works without this issue?

thanks
    Allan

SiteSupport
    Hi Allan,

The problem is that there are square bracket characters [ and ] present in the URL, and they are not allowed by our HTTP server.

These should be URL encoded, otherwise, our HTTP server will respond with a ‘Bad Request’.

In this case, you will have to get in touch with the plugin provider and ask them to look into it, as that will certainly help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What URL do they refer to ? Can you share it with us ?

Allan
    Allan
    Allan

when submitting the URL here, for some reason the [] brackets get replaced with %5Bsection%5D

customize.php?autofocus[section]=title_tagline

Allan

Can you provide an earlier version of GP Premium for me to try and test?

thanks,
    Allan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Those are added by WP … as the title_tagline section aka the Site Identity is a core panel.
    What happens if you disable GP Premium and temporarily switch themes to one of the core Twentysomething themes ?

Allan

Ok tried that with Twenty Twenty, and when using Customize/Colors, the next screen opened and I’m able to change the color.

Twenty Twenty isn’t a theme I’d be happy to use and do want to use a working GP Premium.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Don’t worry just bug testing to narrow down where the issue us coming from.
    So what happens if you go to the Site Identity panel in Customizer when Twenty Twenty is enabled ?

Allan

Site Identity opens and everything seems fine

Allan

Hi David,
    I hope all is well? Please advise, any update on this support request?

thanks
    Allan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Allan,

apologies your last reply slipped through our system.
    I am going to pass this over to Tom to have a look, if thats ok?

Allan

Hi David,
    While waiting on Tom to review, will you send me a link to download an earlier version of GP premium?

thanks
    Allan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.