Background Transparency and Fixed Navigation

Home Forums Support Background Transparency and Fixed Navigation

Home Forums Support Background Transparency and Fixed Navigation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Frank Cahill

I’m pretty sure there is no option on the customize page to set transparency to any elements that have a background or color. I was able to achieve what I wanted with CSS but it would be SO AWESOME if that was already an option.

Also, it would be JUST AS AWESOME if we were able to set the navigation menu to “fixed” like all the other elements in the background section of customizer. Not just “repeat, repeat x, repeat y, and no repeat”.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Frank,

All colors in the Customizer are removable, which achieves full transparency. But you’re right, there’s no partial transparency feature.

In order for colors to be semi transparent, an RGBA value must be set instead of a hex. In order for me to achieve this, I would have to find a way to convert hex values into RGBA – difficult, but may be possible at some point.

Ah yea, I wanted to cut down on the amount of options, and figured those were less needed for nav items vs everywhere else. I may have to add them ๐Ÿ™‚

Genie Bohn

Frank, as an aside, I just added a bit of transparency over my background image. (One image, which looks like two)

See it here: Period Drama

See it here: Look Back at Me

I achieved total transparency here: My site by clicking in the color box and then deleting whatever was there. You wind up with a “HEX VALUE” or “false” in the box.

Hope that was another way to achieve what you are trying.

Derek

How do you remove the colors though? for example how do i remove header color?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you’re using the Colors add-on, you can just delete the color hex from the input field – it will say “false” and will become transparent.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.