Premium support

Please log in to post in these forums. If you didn't create an account when you purchased, please contact us.

Free support

If you haven't purchased GP Premium, support for the free theme can be found on WordPress.org.

[Resolved] Background Image vanished on iPhone and looking funny on iPad

Home Forums Support Background Image vanished on iPhone and looking funny on iPad

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 2 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

probably your latest update might have broken our background images. At first parallax changed its behaviour on standrd browser on PC. It brought white space above when scrolling down. That led me to turn parallax off and use background image full size, centered vertically. Now it turned out that all background images are completely missed on iPhone (probably on other mobiles too) and very much oversized on iPad.

Please take a look: https://mygoal.de (Main page and most others should have background images). The original jpg is 1280 px with 72 dpi and it worked fine until a couple of days ago. That’s why I think the issue might be related to the latest GP update.

Did I miss a thing? Are there further or main settings for mobile GP?

Are there any suggestions for image sizes? How to get the best results with parallax? (It is sometimes anoying).

Thank you in advance!

GP Premium 1.4.2

Tom
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

background-attachment: fixed doesn’t work in iOS. If you Google “background attachment fixed ios” you’ll find lots of info on that.

As for parallax, the script was significantly improved in the latest update. I would have to see a test page with the issue to know what’s going on there.

Let me know 🙂

Hello Tom,

Thank you fpr your quick answer. Right, obviously a previous workaround in customized CSS made this happen. I depreciated the backround “fixed” and it looks fine now.

I am going to play around with the parallax effect; probably your improvement helps us too. Once again thanks for the great theme and your kind support.

Mathias

Tom
    Lead Developer

No problem! If you need more help with the parallax script, just let me know 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.