[Support request] Background image of GB Container on front page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Background image of GB Container on front page

Home Forums Support Background image of GB Container on front page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anne

I received help on this topic earlier and thought I had resolved this, but now I have further issues. I needed assistance on how to change the background image on the background image of the container on the front page of the Wordsmith starter site. I was able to do this based on the assistance. But then I was trying to revise the test across the photo, and now the background image has reverted back to the original, and when I go through the steps to address this, there is nothing at the right side of the editor screen except an eye icon. Please help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

Anne

I’m not sure what you mean by link you to the site….. here is a link to view it:
    https://joyfulfoodlife.com

The home page now also displays “Home” above the background photo and it wasn’t doing that before. The phone displayed is the original from the Wordsmith starter site. I changed it to one with cookies, similar to what you see on across the top of the other pages.

Not sure if the link below is going to open for you, but it’s a screenshot of the editor for the home page. When I click the 3 dashes icon on the toolbar menu and then click container below that, nothing comes onto the screen at the right. there is just the eye.

/Users/annemccarthy/Desktop/Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 1.25.29 PM.png

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m a little bit confused. Now I’m seeing GenerateBlocks inside of Elementor which shouldn’t be necessary and I wouldn’t recommend it – you should either use a page builder or Gutenberg/GenerateBlocks and not both.

Is that how you are setting it up?

Can you disable your caching plugin first?

Anne

I want to be using Elementor, that’s what I started getting familiar with and then Elementor’s recent update caused so many problems, and the GP site library took down the Elementor examples.
    Basically I don’t want to want to use GB. But 90% of the starter sites are using that. I bought the GPP because Elementor starters were there.
    Can I delete the entire front page container and start over on that page? I need one simple site for myself.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can I delete the entire front page container and start over on that page? I need one simple site for myself.

Absolutely. You can even just delete that page and create a new page using Elementor if you want a fresh start.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.