[Support request] Background does not show up with another display condition

Home Forums Support [Support request] Background does not show up with another display condition

Home Forums Support Background does not show up with another display condition

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Théo

Hi,

I am using Elements to set a header on a page which is my front page at the moment. Until now, my background image has shown correctly if I set a display condition to “front page”, but not if I set it to “Page – [target page]”.

I have tried to change between custom and featured image in the “Page hero” metabox (while removing or adding the “Disable featured image” box in each case) with no success so far.

any ideas ?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the only way of targeting the Front Page is by using the Front Page display location. Although it may be a listed static page WordPress no longer sees it as one.

What is the exact issue?
    If you can share a link to the site i can take a look and advise a workaround.

Théo

Hi David, thank you you for the quick answer,

I wasn’t aware of this feature and it looks like a solid explanation for my problem, thank you !
    I was probably misleaded by the fact that, apart for the background image, other changes I was doing to the header applied even when the static page name was set as display condition (but I probably mixed those with the classic Generatepress cusotmizations I also made).

I just made a test by switching my front page then trying again the display condition to the static page and it displayed. So my issue seems pretty much solved, thank you for the help !

best regards from France

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.