[Support request] Background color issues

Home Forums Support [Support request] Background color issues

Home Forums Support Background color issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dale

I’ve set the background color for most of my archive pages to #f2f2f2. I like the look of visible “padding” on either site of the container, which I have set at #ffffff.

Example:

https://dalecameronlowry.com/category/for-readers/

What I don’t like is that, when the content area is shorter than the sidebar or the sidebar is shorter than the content area, #f2f2f2 appears below whichever one is shorter. (In the above line, the sidebar area is shorter than the content area.)

Ideally, both the sidebar and the contact area would be treated as columns that run the length of the page from header to footer are are #ffffff the whole way through, like on this wordpress.com blog:

https://readersandwritersforlgbtchechens.wordpress.com/

This seems like something that should have an obvious fix in the color customizer, but I haven’t figured it out.

wekhter

@Dale Try going in the Customizer to Layout > Container and setting it to “One Container” instead of “Separate Containers” in the dropdown–I think that’s what you’re looking for

dale

I had one container before, but then I wasn’t able to adjust the padding between the content area and sidebar. Is there a way to create more padding in the sidebar when using “One Container”?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dale,

It should work the same way – you can adjust the sidebar padding in Customize > Layout > Sidebars.

If you don’t see it working, try making it a number of that 40 on each side.

generator

Hello,
    I set my background-color but the container stays #ffffff, can I set the color for the container somewhere?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you open a new topic and provide a link to your site?

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.