[Resolved] Backgound colors in Sections

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Backgound colors in Sections

Home Forums Support Backgound colors in Sections

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Heiko

Hi,
    i just start to enjoy the GP Theme, and i must say it is amassing how flexible and still simple it is.
    Lots of functions without theme appears overloaded.

But anyway iam a little stock in two things.

i like to use transparent colours as background in the section plug-in.
    seems that colors like are rgba(229,229,229,0.79) ignored ore not proper used in the options.

I’ve worked around with a custom CSS class like this.

.section-bg1
    {
    background-color: rgba(229, 229, 229, 0.8);
    }

works fine but feels not that elegant to me.

It would be also great if the section plugin would use by default the background colour selected in colours plug in for the Content. (if not other wise specified the in the section settings)

Off topic :
    By the way. Maybe today update don’t run property
    inside the wp-admin/themes.php?page=generate-options are different version numbers are shown.

<div class="gp-container">
    <div class="gp-title">
    <a href="https://generatepress.com/" target="_blank">GeneratePress</a>
    <span class="gp-version">1.3.42</span>
    </div>

but here is

<div class="postbox generate-metabox">
    <h3 class="hndle">GP Premium 1.2.93</h3>
    <div class="inside" style="margin:0;padding:0;">
    </div>
    and here as well

<label for=”generate_license_key_gp_premium”>GP Premium 1.2.93</label>

`

Many thanks

Heiko

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Any particular reason you need transparent backgrounds in the Sections? What are you trying to show behind the background?

It would be also great if the section plugin would use by default the background colour selected in colours plug in for the Content. (if not other wise specified the in the section settings)

I totally agree, this should be default. The trouble is if I change it now, people who didn’t set a background color on their website (because the body background works) will not be happy when their website changes looks. Kind of a tough situation.

You’re seeing both the GeneratePress (theme) version, and the GP Premium (premium plugin) version ๐Ÿ™‚

Heiko

Well the reason is i like to let the Text content “float” over the body Background on a section with some opacity.

Maybe point to set a default value for edit sections. Or in the “Add section creation”
    With some if (isset($default_color_from_plugin)&&$post_date="not older than") { ....

However your theme offers enough flexibility to work around and it is even pretty robust.
    New features are always nice, every body loves features. But they also can bloat the whole thing up. Maybe to a point where that theme cant be called lightweight any more.

I wonder why rgba colours like do not work on the section background colour form.
    do i make something wrong there ?

Thanks Heiko

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah I see, if you have a body background, having the section background slightly transparent could look good.

I’ll look into it.

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Joseph

Hi there, just following up on this thread. Wondering if there was a resolution or fix to making the sections transparent. I’m wanting to run a fixed background throughout the page, then animating the content however I can’t find the solution for making the sections transparent. This is the look I am after.
    https://foreverliving.com/page/journey/our-company/usa/en?clearDisclaimer=true#ToTheTop

thanks in advance!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Joseph,

If you remove the background color hex code in the sections settings then it should be transparent.

Or you can use this CSS to force all of them to be transparent:

.generate-sections-container {
        background-color: transparent !important;
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Let me know if this helps.

Joseph

Thank you Lee, I had removed the hex on both the section background and the Body background but the css did the trick.
    Much appreciated!!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.