[Support request] Back to top scroll behaviour

Home Forums Support [Support request] Back to top scroll behaviour

Home Forums Support Back to top scroll behaviour

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Matthias

I would like to change the scroll back to top behaviour. I have found this code:

add_filter( 'generate_back_to_top_scroll_speed', 'tu_back_to_top_scroll_speed' );
    function tu_back_to_top_scroll_speed() {
        return 400; // milliseconds
    }

How can I add “ease-in ease-out” behaviour to the scroll?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s not currently possible unfortunately.

You would need to find a custom script.

Matthias

Okay, that is disappointing! So how can I add a class to the “back-to-top-button” or links?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Matthias

Thanks for the link. The guy has the same problem and had also the same idea like me. I also use the ps2id plugin to smoothly scroll to links with #-tags. Maybe there is a way to delete the click event (event listener) from the button? I think the click function overrides the ps2id‘s function. As the problem seems to be quite common (although I did not find it in your forum), do you think that there is a way out of this issue? I mean, you are the tec-guys with programming skills. It would be nice to get a solution for this.

Thanks and best regards

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just want to make sure you know that we have built-in smooth scroll script but that doesn’t work for you?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/smooth-scroll/

Let me know 🙂

Matthias

Is it possible to give the button an new href like “#masthead” and additionally is it possible to disable the click event so that ps2id can handle this event?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Our back to top button wasn’t really built use a custom click event, but it’s not a bad idea to implement in the future.

You’d need to build your own custom back to top button script/HTML/CSS in order to assign a different click event to it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.