[Resolved] Back to Top conflict with NextGen Gallery

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Back to Top conflict with NextGen Gallery

Home Forums Support Back to Top conflict with NextGen Gallery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lisa

I am using GP Premium. I noticed my Back to Top button stopped working. To figure out what the problem was, I deactivated each plugin one by one and find that when NextGen is activated, the Back to Top button will not display.

This is a site that is being converted from another theme and very heavy with existing galleries so it would be a huge pain to switch to something else for galleries, especially since the galleries appear to be working fine with the exception of messing up the Back to Top.

Do you know of any way of resolving this?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

NextGen is popular, but it’s a nightmare in my opinion. You just need to view your error_log file with it active to see the mass amount of errors and warnings it generates.

The back to top button just uses a handful of javascript lines to work – nothing fancy or complicated.

I’m not sure why NextGen stops the JS from firing – there’s not even any javascript errors in the console to give me any hints.

I’ll try to find some time to play with it, but it seems like kind of a lost cause when I see how many errors the plugin generates, regardless of the popularity of it.

dasigna

nextgen IS a hell of a nightmare!! tried it, deleted again and will never ever use another time! optically quite nice but thats it. too many errors and issues, all the trouble’s not worth it!

Sebastian

Same opinion here. πŸ˜‰

But do you have a link to your site?

Lisa

I switched to Meta Slider which seems to be working fine with this theme. Thanks for push from NextGen, it was definately for the best πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you found an alternative πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.