[Resolved] Avoid Duplicate Posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Avoid Duplicate Posts

Home Forums Support Avoid Duplicate Posts

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    José Palomino

Hi. I am trying to implement GeneratePress in a newspaper and I have some problems with duplicate content on the home page. I am using the WP Show Posts plugin and everything is great. With this add-on, I have a main story with a taxonomies (for example, Featured1) that is also in the current category. There is even everything ok, but then in the current section of the home this entry also appears and I have duplicate content. Is it possible to avoid duplicate content in the home?
    Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you link me to your site so i can take a look?
    You can edit your original topic and use the Site URL field to share the link privately.

José Palomino

Okay. I am working locally. I can send a screenshot. As you can see in this section, the main news (which has the same category as the rest of the news below and a different taximonie) appears. What I want to avoid is to repeat that news.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is that all created with WP Show Posts ?

If so the easiest method is to set specific categories for each of your WPSP lists.

José Palomino

If everything is created with WP Show Posts and with Elementor to divide the page into three columns.
    See. The category Society (for example): it has an outstanding news, (the largest photo) that also uses a taxonomy called (Featured Society) in turn is a list of WP Show Posts called, Featured Society). In the (central) column there is a new list of WP Show Posts with a piece of news, which in turn is in the Society category.
    On the other hand, the part below (where the news is repeated) is a new list of WP Show Posts called Society below, which in turn belongs to the category Society.
    Can it seem cumbersome as well?
    It would be best if there was some system to indicate that in the home, the same news was not repeated, but I don’t know how to do it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In order to do that, the posts would need to have some sort of taxonomy specific to each list. If the posts share categories, then they’ll show up in multiple lists.

Are you using tags? If not, you could tag each of the posts for the specific sections on the homepage. That way you can continue to share categories, but the tags would be unique to each list.

Let me know if that makes sense or not 🙂

José Palomino

Hola de nuevo, si de esta manera me ha servido, con los tag.
    Ahora tengo otro problema, ¿Donde están las fotos de las noticias?
    Las antiguas noticias, sale la foto sin problema, pero donde están en las nuevas noticias.
    En la página,
    se ven dos noticias (solo he puesto esas dos nuevas) donde no salen foto.
    ¿Que puede pasar?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Have you set featured images for those new posts?

José Palomino

Claro

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Not too sure what you mean – can you explain a bit more?

José Palomino

Intentaré explicarlo con la imagen que añado.
    Como ve en la imagen la noticia con el titular “Cultura de Almuñécar propone más de 60 actividades culturales para los meses de febrero y marzo”, debería tener una fotografía para ilustrar la noticia que no aparece. A su derecha verá (en el editor de Google), que la fotografía aparece como “desconocida”. Pensé que podría ser por los permisos de la carpeta “wp-content” de WordPress, sin embargo la foto aparece como subida a esa carpeta y está allí fisicamente.
    Ese es el problema, que la foto subida no aparece en la página principal. Sin embargo si hace click sobre ella la fotografía destacada, SI aparece en el post.
    Gracias
    No imagen

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Does that issue go away if you remove the image/width values in your WP Show Posts settings?

José Palomino

Ok, ahora si va todo perfecto.
    Gracias

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.