[Resolved] AVERY THEME – BACKGROUND IMAGE ISSUES

Home Forums Support AVERY THEME – BACKGROUND IMAGE ISSUES

• This topic has 15 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by David.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Gina

Hi,

I think something is wrong with my theme/purchase.

I’m using the Avery theme, the background on the homepage was easy to change before but now when I try to change it, it shows set the featured image instead.

The other issue is that I have to use a different browser to check the changes have been uploaded. I’ve deleted my browser history as well as the cache.

I just don’t know what’s the issue.

Aside from that;

I want to have everything centred on mobile devices, at the moment it’s overflowing to the right side.

Please help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Let’s take care of one issue at the time.

the background on the homepage was easy to change before but now when I try to change it, it shows set the featured image instead.

That definitely shouldn’t happen. Which page should I be looking at?

Let me know 🙂

Gina

Hi Leo,

It’s the homepage, the hero image.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange. Just to confirm, are you trying to change the background image in the “Container > Background Image” panel of the first block?: https://www.screencast.com/t/FSjtsOosBTH

Gina

Yes! That’s the place I’m trying to do it from. I even tried to remove the theme, deleted all content and started the process again but same problem.

I don’t know if I messed up something 🤔

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that is odd – would you mind providing us temporary admin access so we can take a look at the issue ?

You can send login details via the Account Issue form:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please include the URL of this topic

Gina

Sure, I’ll send it over now.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

JetPacks external media option is messing with the container block background options.
    Could you check by temporarily disabling jetpack to see if it resolves the issue. let us know

Gina

I removed jetpack, but the problem is still there. It’s showing set featured image instead of the background image.

https://snipboard.io/hF0AfZ.jpg

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm… can you try disabling all other plugins apart from GP and GenerateBlocks temporarily and let us know

Gina

Hi David,

That worked!

I was able to select a new background image.

Let me know where to go from here

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you can re-enable the plugins one by one – to see which one causes the issue.
    We believe it is the Amp Plugin – let us know.

If it is when you re-enable the plugin do you still see the correct background.

Gina

Hi David,

You are right the problem is the AMP plugin, the moment I activated it, the issue returned. So I’ve deleted to avoid any other issues from it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for confirming. We will be talking to the Amp plugin developer to see what the issue is

Gina

Hi Sorry, busy week forget to mark this resolved.

Thank you for the quick support, I haven’t experienced any more issues with the template.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.