[Support request] Autoptimize

Home Forums Support Autoptimize

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jatin

Hi Guys,

I have just installed Autoptimize on my site and that improved the performance a bit for my site but some of the pages just does not load when tested. I use the generatepress guide for autooptimize:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/configuring-autoptimize/

View post on imgur.com

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the page in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

Jatin

site link. If you scroll down the page it does not load. When i deactivate Autoptize it loads fine.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s weird. Haven’t seen that before.

The issue is fixed when you disable Autoptimize?

What if you only keep Autoptimize activated?

Jatin

Its activated now and the links become unresponsive. I have to disable it to make it work.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i cannot actually access the Browser Developer tools on that page as it never completes loading.
    It looks like a Javascript endless loop error.

It could be a plugin issue, which you can check for by temporarily disabling all other plugins. If the issue resolves then re-enable them one at a time to see which is causing the issue.

Jatin

Hi David,

As you mentioned i am using these settings in Autoptimize with respect to JavaScript. If i disable this checkbox it works fine. Can you please advise. I want to use autoptimize as recommended by Generatepress.

Also Exclude Scripts from Optimization: I can see different Ones which GeneratePress suggested, I am using the default ones is that correct or shall i update.

View post on imgur.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can only assume that one of your plugins ( or a custom function ) is adding JS that is causing the issue. You will need to go disable and enable each plugin to see which one it is. We can then look at what JS that plugin is loading and you can exclude it from autoptimize.

Alternatively…. its worth checking to see what difference Aggregate JS is making to your performance. It may not make much of a difference.

Jatin

Ok, I have not completed this excercise of disabling the plugins and enabling it one by one to find out the culprit. It seems that SyntaxHighlighter Evolved Plug-in as soon as i activate it it breaks the page and my post page becomes not responsive.

How to fix this. I like this Highlighter plugin which i have code on my site i display.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I just tested that plugin on development site and it is working correctly.
    It may be another plugin that you have installed that is conflicting with it.

Jatin

Hi David,

I have below plug-ins activated:

autoptimize
    Code Snippets
    GenerateBlocks
    GP Premium
    JetPack (Free)
    simple CSS
    SyntaxHighlighter Evolved

I can say if i deactivate Syntax highlighter this fixes the issue, i have disabled all other plugins or probably if i deactivate autoptimize this will work as well.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That case you might need to check with the plugin support to see why it is conflicting with Autopimize.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.