[Resolved] Auto Disclaimer message

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Auto Disclaimer message

Home Forums Support Auto Disclaimer message

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rachel

Hi, I would like to automatically include a short disclaimer message under the title of my posts and also pages (if possible).

I don’t want this message to be included in the excerpt or be treated as part of the content. I would prefer it to be lightly coloured and hyperlinked to the disclaimer page. Is there a way to include it as a meta tag for the post / page?

Example: “this page may contain compensated links. For more information read our disclaimer here.”

Is there a way to do this?
    Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Rachel,

You can hook it into your pages uses a Hook element: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

For example:

<div class="notice">
        This page may contain compensated links. For more information read our disclaimer <a href="URL HERE">here</a>.
    </div>
    Rachel

So if placed the code in the generate_after_entry_title hook would it display under the post title and page title or do I need to put it in two hooks? Also, will it be picked up in the excerpt?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It should display in both areas.

It will only display above the excerpt (below the title) if you choose to display on the blog/archives within the Display Rules.

Rachel

Ok thanks. If I want the text to adopt the same font as the other meta information, how would I do that?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try giving it this class:

<div class="notice entry-meta">

Rachel

Works perfectly. Thanks so much for your help. Loving this theme and the support!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome!

Glad you’re enoying GP! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.